Food for Thought Cafe

By 07:30 , , , , , , , , , , ,

Visited the "Food for Thought" Cafe at Botanical Gardens. It is actually located all the way at the other end of the garden at Botany Centre. I guess cos people will eat there after their walk/exercise?
The best thing is they serve ALL-DAY BRUNCH, me loves brunch!

I visited it on a monday morning to celebrate my friend's birthday cos it's pretty ulu, so less crowded.

The entrance

Quite spacious!


Cake counter
Cakes! 
Outdoor area
The interior is splendid and simple, with adorable cloud and aeroplanes decorations hanging from the ceiling. It has a pleasant ambience and it is great to just hang out with friends. 

Now, the food. Can I yell again? ALL-DAY BRUNCH! You'll have to order at the counter and they will bring it to you. 
They have side dishes called "Customised Works"that you can mix-and-match to create your own meal, and the portions are woah,plentiful. Prices range from $3-$5, if I rememeber correctly. There's a substantial range to choose from and they all look tasty, trust me. But then again, I'm a sucker for brunch food. 
Tomato salad, Garlic mushrooms, Scrambled eggs
For fuss-free eaters, there are fixed meals, for example, "Basic"($8)which consists of butter toast, scrambled eggs and bacon. Yum yum in my tum tum
Basic (Scrambled eggs, butter toast & bacon)


And of course, they offer pancakes! All pancakes are served with fresh cream and gula melaka (a brown syrup, made from brown sugar if I'm not wrong). We had Raspberries & Chocolate Pancakes ($13), which was a tad too sweet for me.Perfect for sweet-tooths out there.

Raspberries & Chocolate Pancakes
Though we only tried a small part of the menu, the food and the ambience was superb. Do check this place out for good brunch.

Another plus point, it's kid-friendly with a playground at the other outdoor area of the cafe where parents can dine while keeping an eye on the kids. I'm sure the kids will like it there, cos I know I will haha.

Okay, now here's the problem: getting there.
At that point of time, we didn't realise that botanical gardens was like super duper x1000000 times huge. Apparently, it is. We alighted at botanical gardens MRT on the circle line which is pretty accessible right? But, unfortunately, the cafe lies at the other end of the gardens.


Right end: Botanical Gardens MRT
Left end: Botany centre


Therefore, I highly recommend getting a cab there cos it's so so much easier and convenient. Plus, it wouldn't be too costly, just a short drive. I am someone who walks alot and don't mind walking alot but seriously, we walked for half the route and I couldn't take it no longer.

Otherwise, from Orchard MRT, along Orchard Boulevard take buses 7, 77, 106, 123 or 174. But the roads along Orchard are confusing and complicated to me, so, just take a cab, you'll be grateful you did. Especially if you're wearing heels, like we did, you definitely do not want to end up with blisters on your soles walking that long path.

Head onto the website for more details, they have the menu there, and details for other outlets as well.



Website: 
http://www.foodforthought.com.sg/

Address
1 Cluny Road, 
Tanglin Gate, #B1-00, S259569 

 +65 6479 1080
Opening Hours
Mon  -  Sun
8am to 9pm
(Last orders at 8.30pm)
Brunch people, here's a place to check out!
xoxo, Gracia

You Might Also Like

0 comments